Saturday, October 31, 2009

Autumn's Light On The Highlands Plateau: A New Portfolio


DIGITAL CAPTURE: Flat Mountain Pond; Highlands, NC., October 22, 2009 @ 4:10pm  f7.1 @ 1/200 sec.,  ISO 200

Whenever I complete a new body or work, I try to print the photographs as soon as possible, while the passion for what I saw is still strong, and my visual memory of each image is fresh. It is important for me to capture the print as I originally captured it. The artificiality that many use in photoshop for natural subject matter does not impress me. I prefer to 'get it right' in-camera. The challenge is always to see and capture what is really there. Like fiction vs. non-fiction in writing a book, often reality is so much more incredible than words that are made up to describe a non-reality. I find nature to offer more as it is than what it is often re-made on the computer. Man's greatest imagination or abstract creativity is based on all things from nature and the natural environment.


"Autumn's Light On The Highlands Plateau" A new portfolio comprised of 10 new prints from my work this Fall will be available for viewing online Dec. 1st. the portfolio shall consist of (10) 8.5" x 10" color digital photographs printed on archival museum papers (Matte,  Lustre, & Canvas) signed and numbered as a limited edition of 50 presented in gallery wrap portfolio box with photo as shown above.  

*Cost is $495 if ordered by Dec. 15th.  After Dec. 15th cost of portfolio will be $650. *To order online email: highlandsphotoworkshops@earthlink.net  or call: 404-421-9152

No comments:

Post a Comment