Sunday, November 22, 2009

Let The Picture Speak...


DIGITAL CAPTURE: Highlands, North Carolina "Through the Windshield Series"  October 14, 2009 @ 4:07pm  f9 @ 1/100 sec., ISO: 1000

"As the painter Robert Henri said, 'In no work will  you find a receipt that just fit you. The fun of living ' - and of making pictures, and of collecting them -  'is that we  have to make ourselves...' "  - Robert  Adams  (from  the book, "Why People Photograph")

Too often I find myself writing far too much when discussing my own pictures. But this is a 'blog' and it does stimulate my writing instincts. This is why I decided to only post one entry a week. But I would like to be able for the picture to speak for itself this week. Perhaps I write too much because my photographs do not speak for themselves? Or maybe I attempt to find further meaning after the digital capture is made? I don't know. But I am following the dictates of my heart and soul, both in my seeing and my writing.Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment